Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Yahoo...

Another successful 3 miler. Well, I'm calling it 3 miles. My Garmin is calling it 2.73. That is because I forgot to turn the stupid thing back on after I stopped at a stoplight. But I ran a good distance before I realized that, so let's call it 3 miles.

For all you runners out there, do you ever wonder how you look when you run? Remember that "Friends" episode where Rachel goes out to run, and Phoebe goes with her and and runs all crazy? That's how I felt today. Some days, I can get into a good rhythm, and others...well, not so much. I envision cars driving by and people chuckling. Trust me, I don't care what they think, but sometimes I just wonder how it looks.

Back to the Garmin - and this is a shout out to Heather, who is one of the featured runners on the Chicago Marathon website under Runner Diaries, and a self-proclaimed gadget freak. I can't run without the Garmin. I have to know how far, pace, etc. I've tried to run without it, just for the shear pleasure, but it cannot be done. I'm way too much of a control freak, but at least I can admit it.

My last thought for today comes from the Portillo's drive-thru guy. We were there tonite, and he had tattoos on his forearms that said:
"Every sinner has a future, Every saint has a past"
Profound, isn't it?? I thought so.......

1 comments:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

I remember the episode and you can't possibly look as bad as Phoebe.

Hope you're having fun getting ready for Chicago. I am. The excitement grows a bit each day.