Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sorta Back in the Game

Hi folks..what a great weekend!

Went for a run today, the first one outside. The calf was okay, then around 2.70 miles it started to feel sore. So, I stopped running & walked the rest of the way home. I wasn't limping, and wasn't in pain but could definitely feel something. Boo. I wasn't running at a crazy pace, the average for the run was 10:23, which was comfortable.

The good news is there was no bruise like last time & I can walk on it. I have an appointment with a sports medicine doc on June 13th, however, I'll be calling tomorrow to get in this week. I may need to take a few weeks off, but that's okay. Last year, I didn't even start marathon training until the end of June, after developing plantar fasciitis, and all worked out just fine.

In the meantime, we'll do some bicycle riding, I'll get more weight training in and get back on the Weight Watchers core plan a bit more diligently. I'll see what the doc says and go from there!!

Enjoy the weekend...finally!

0 comments: