Friday, June 27, 2008

Virtual Run Club

So, learned about the Virtual Run Club on Jenn's blog. It's a blog where us runners can track mileage. So, I joined too. Since its a running club, there is a virtual 5K this weekend, which is kinda cool. A 5K is 3.1 miles, and I plan to do 5+ this weekend, so I'll be participating in that too. Kizzy, the blogger, had a few questions for the participants, so here goes:

1. When did you start running?
Summer of '05, when my sister, Julee was training for the Chicago Marathon. I figured if she could train for that, I could certainly drag my butt up and do something.

2. Did you follow a plan (C25K etc.) to get you started running? If so, what plan did you use? If not, how did you go about getting started?
Not really, just bought good shoes and off I went.

3. Why did you start running?
See #1, but also for the fitness benefits.

4. Now that you are running regularly, what do you find to be the biggest benefits?
Stress relief, me time, weight loss and the ability to eat (almost) anything!

5. What are your future plans for running? Short-term and Long-range.
Short term to actually cross the finish line the right way at the Chicago marathon this year. Long term...I'd love to say Boston someday, so maybe that.

6. What are your personal goals for the Virtual 5K?To finish in 33 min, which is about an 11 min pace, which I think is totally doable.

7. Do you have a music “theme song” that you will use for this race?My current power song is "Settlin'" by Sugarland. While training for Chicago last year, I had an awesome 10 miler, and during the last mile, that song came on and it was so very cool!

So, there it is...Be sure to check back this weekend for the results!!

0 comments: