Friday, July 25, 2008

Nutrition

Now, I realize eating right equals better performance. I also realize I only ran 3 miles today. However, considering what I've eaten since last night, that might explain the sluggishness.

My intake consisted of a half hot dog, because I got up to answer the phone & my dog ate the other half, a handful of Sun Chips and an ice cream sandwich - all last night. This morning was coffe, half a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat & a banana. That wasn't so bad. At work, maybe a few handfuls of popcorn.

I eat that, get home at noon and expect to run, or do anything, well? Nope. So, 3 miles in about 32:30, which isn't bad either, but it felt like forever.

Anyway, I'm done and can now sit and do nothing!

2 comments:

WillieJones said...

It is absolutely true that your performance will be dictated by what kind of fuel you put in your body! If you really want to super charge your performance, then I recommend eating organic, especially for doing anything athletic.

Unknown said...

Eating a healthy meal does in fact help you acheive a better workout and eating a unhealthy meal... well you get the point.

Anyways if you ever need to look for good diet tips I found out a cool website.