Friday, October 17, 2008

Now What???

So, this week I've done nothing. Well, not NOTHING. I've worked (4 days anyway) and taken B to football practice. That's pretty much it. I was sore through Wednesday, but had a massage on Thursday and feel great now.

I know I'm supposed take some time off to recover, and I do plan to do just that. The other part of me doesn't know what to do with herself. I should relish this time to relax and not get all crazy about what I should be doing, but I do much better when I have a goal in mind.

So, here's the plan: take the entire week to do nothing and eat whatever I want. Next week, I get back into weight training & will get back on the stationary bike (it's not really a stationary bike - it's my bike on a trainer thingy). I'm giving my calf a full two weeks to recover. It doesn't hurt at all, but I don't want to run the risk of further injury. Next week also begins me (loosely) following the Weight Watchers Core plan again.

I'm also thinking I should rename my blog, since Chicago '08 is over, Round Two, completed. But I don't know what to call it, or if I can even change the name and still have the link work. That might be too technical for me, so we'll see..

So, my next goal is a half marathon is in March 2009 - I think there is one in N. IL that month, so I will plan on that. I know I said I'd take next year off from the marathon....but....

6 comments:

Chris said...

So you are already thinking about your next one then?? Chicago Round Three? Or something different?

Karin said...

Yeah, believe it or not, I am thinking ahead to #3! I've got this crazy self-competitive thing in my head that knows I can get a better time. Crazy....

Chris said...

What about this one? Good training for #3. http://www.rnrchicago.com/

Karin said...

Yep, I'm definitely in for that one. I think Jenn is running that one too. Should be fun w/the rock & roll theme this year!!

Jenn said...

Ha Ha! Yes! Do Chicago '09 . . .c'mon, c'mon!

Jenn said...

Oh, and I finally got around to the tag!