Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Midget in a Bottle?

Contrary to his normal "I never stop moving" MO, anyone who knows B knows that he is also a pretty creative kid. He spends alot of time sitting at the table, drawing and coloring. His pictures are always very colorful and there is always alot going on in the picture.

Tonite, he brings one over that he drew in school. No color, just pencil. It's a midget in a wine bottle saying "help me, help me". However, there is also a meteor, the sun, fireworks, a rocket, a big hand, a boomerang and a dog (not his best, he says). You'll be happy to know the meteor hits the bottle (the picture is complete with breaking glass on the side of the bottle), and the midget gets out.

I don't know what this says about my kid, or my parenting. I'm thinking I shouldn't read into it too much, because it might send me right into therapy. I'm just going to go with the thought that he's very creative and has unlimited potential in the graphic arts field. That makes me feel alot better about my parenting.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

LOL! I know what you mean. My son draws his "inventions" and while I am impressed by his creativity I also am scared to read too much into some of them :)

Chris said...

Thanks for the laugh, Karin.

Piper is the product of 2 people with zero creative skills. I already feel bad for her...

Elee said...

Karin - think the drawing talent, and inventiveness is in the genes -you have always been great in art (remember the half of the female face picture) and then all the drawings we found that Dad did - plus with the art/music part - hope Brian has inherited both your talents and then will add that "extra special something" all his own, put his own unique spin on it - time will tell.

Love ya
Mom