Monday, March 16, 2009

Nirvana? Not exactly.....

You know when you have one of those runs when you feel like you can go forever, everything feels good and natural? Well, today was NOT one of those runs...

If you've read my blog throughout the 2008 marathon training season, you'll remember the Phoebe Runs. Coined from the "Friends" episode where Phoebe runs all crazy with Rachel and Rachel is mortified. Today was a Phoebe Run. Nothing flowed, nothing felt natural, everything felt forced. I hate runs like that. Makes me want to hang up the 'ole Sauconys and call it a day.

Since I try to find something good in it, I did cover 3 miles in just under 33 minutes, which isn't bad all things considered. And yes, I always, always feel better after a run. Even a crappy one.

This 3 miler officially kicks of the half marathon training program for the half I'm running in June. There will be no full marathon this year, as I need a break from the insane time commitment. I will be in Chicago on marathon day, likely volunteering for the American Cancer Society. And I will run more marathons, just not this year.

So, stick around for the half marathon training fun, and let's hope for less Phoebe Runs and more kick-ass-I-can-do-anything runs..

0 comments: