Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Well, hello!

Yeah, I've been MIA for a bit. Mostly because the Olympics have kept me up till all hours of the night, combined with football practice, work, etc... But really, its the OLYMPICS. I cry every time Team USA gets up on the medal stand and every time they play the National Anthem.

I did manage to run too. Last Thursday was 5 miles, 2 on Friday, 15 on Sunday - which went fairly well, I was a little sore afterwards, but felt good a couple hours after the run. And then 7 tonite. Tonite was okay, my legs were heavy and I was tired. It wasn't 7 continuous miles - I stopped several times, but while the Garmin was clocking, I was running.

I'm going to do 4 tomorrow, then the long run this weekend is 16. That will be early Sunday morning.

In the meantime, you can find me in front of the tv at midnight... GO USA!

1 comments:

Jenn said...

I know what you mean about the Olympics. I can't imagine what it's like for the parents of these athletes watching in the stands. I think I would collapse if it were my kids racing in the pool; I don't know how Phelps' mom was able to stand it. Nerveracking!