Sunday, August 24, 2008

Running AND Football

16 miles today. I took a new approach. I ran 4 out & back in one direction, stopped at home to refill, then did 4 out and back in the other direction. I was worried I wouldn't have the willpower to go back out, but I did. I think it's better this way, because then I'm never that far from home. So, it was 16 miles in 3 hrs, 4 min; which according to the Garmin was an average 11:30 pace. That is right on with all my other long runs. And I walked for .25 mile around mile 13.25 and left the Garmin on.

I felt pretty good throughout, even toward the end. This is either progress, or the hydration belt was too tight and I was numb from the waist down. I'd prefer to go with the first, but hey, whatever it takes.

I got back, had to shower, but a bag of ice & head to football, so there wasn't much rest. My knees were sore, but I suppose they should be. Overall, a decent run.

On another note, my son had a pre-season game today. And the WON, 14-7. My boy is the QB, and scored the extra point for each TD. They don't kick in the extra point at this level, they have to run it in. And, boy, did he ever. I was so nervous. Last year, he was defense and just had to hit. This year, its a whole different game. You'll be happy to know he did awesome! Played QB the entire game, and even played safety a few times. Our entire team did amazing, so yahoo!! Next Sunday is our first regular season game..be sure to check back for updates!

0 comments: