Sunday, August 3, 2008

Just a Few Things....

1. My new favorite show is Shear Genius on Bravo - Nicole is my favorite, I LOVE her hair. It does get a little catty, like any reality show, but it's mostly about the hair. I should have been a hair stylist, but completely missed my calling. The good news is that I found a school I can go to part time. Yahoo! That's my goal after the marathon. It'll take about 2 years to finish, but finish I will. Wish me luck!

2. Really, WHEN WILL BRET FAVRE JUST GO AWAY? Yes, I get that he's a amazing quarterback and I respect that. But come on already, he's done the crying-at-the-end-of-the-season thing twice now, and officially retired earlier this year. Then the Packers offer him 20 million to stay gone. NOW I hear that he's been reinstated. It's turning into "the boy who cried wolf". Even the Packer fans have to be tired of this already (yes, this coming from a Bears fan who is fully aware of our very lack of a quarterback. It's not jealousy, I'm just tired of hearing about him).

3. B and I went to the beach today. I just want to point out that lifeguards are not babysitters. When you bring your 3 kids under age 5, make sure you have enough adults to WATCH THEM. If you do not, stay home. Do not let the 7 yr old cousin watch 2 of them while you tend to the baby. When said 7 yr old does not pay attention to YOUR children, it is not the lifeguards fault. Do not yell at them. (As a side note, both kids are fine, no one drowned, but neither should have been playing in the water UNATTENDED and the Mother had no right to yell at the lifeguard because her kid wandered off).

4. The Olympics. I love the Olympics, I can hardly wait until the 8th. I fear I will be up in the middle of the night cheering on the USA teams. I suppose the good news is that I can hit the treadmill at the same time, right? The other good news is seeing Olympic athletes is very motivating, which is something I REALLY need right about now.

5. I'm not sure why I'm so anti-running this week. Maybe I just need to quiet the running/marathon/training obsessive soundtrack going through my head over and over. Maybe it's because my lower back has been bothering me for a few days. Maybe it's the fabulous diet I've had. I don't really have one good reason. Regardless of the reason, I have to get my head back in the game. I did this once, I can do it again. The time between now and September 21st is the hardest. And really, it's only a month and a half....okay, taking a deep breath and moving on.....

1 comments:

Jenn said...

1. Good luck! That's great about PT school.

2. I agree!!

3. I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!!!

4. Me too, trying to get my kids psyched up for it.

5. Don't worry . . . prob good to have break. You've been hitting miles hard.