Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hump Day

I have to thank the weather gods for giving us such a great summer. It hasn't been ridiculously hot, which has been great for running. Tonite, there was just a thin layer of clouds, but enough to block out the direct sun. Ahhhhh, so nice. So, 5 miles from home to football practice. Please, weather gods, keep it up. I have an 18 miler in a week and a half, and a 20 miler 2 weeks after that. Please, I promise not to complain about the cold next April..........

Also, a shout out to Juju. Yes, the Bodyglide on my left foot worked. No blister & it didn't even feel weird during the run. The right foot didn't fair so well, but that blister is way newer. The good news is that its moving right along, if you get my drift, and I'll be fine. Bodyglide is your friend.......

On a completely unrelated note, as I'm typing this, America's Got Talent is on. Come on, folks, does a 6 ft something guy hanging upside down in chains being beaten like a pinata (yes, I swear) really constitute talent?? I think not. It's so incredibly stupid. In case you're dying to know, he was voted off.

On another completely unrelated note, Harley Davidson is having their 105th celebration this week/weekend. We're going Saturday. And there are a jillion bikes on the road. Please, be careful out there.....

1 comments:

Jen Booth said...

Karin,
Thanks for the update and I was happy to finally figure out why there were so many bikes on the road. Have a fun and safe trip.

Jennifer