Friday, August 22, 2008

Training

For the marathon, I am following Hal Higdon's novice plan. I'm not one of those people who can wing it for something like this, I definitely need a plan.

So, Higdon's training calls for 4 runs per week, typically Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and the long weekend run. Tuesdays & Thursdays are shorter runs, Wednesday is longer. I've yet to run Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Heck, I think I've had ONE week where I actually completed 4 runs in 1 week. So, my training is turning into "training for a marathon on 3 runs per week."

However, I think it's going well. I did 7 miles outside Wednesday night and 3 miles on the treadmill today. I figure it's better not to push it and be able to complete the long weekend run with fairly little pain & suffering. So far, so good. Maybe I'm onto something.

Talk to me on October 13th, and we'll see..

On that note, here's a little something to keep in mind:
"If you haven't before, start having dreams. Have lots of them. Have great dreams, have small dreams." —James B. Stewart

0 comments: