Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This One is for Jodes...

Okay, okay... I know, I haven't been around in a long time. A shout out to Jodes for pulling me out of my slump.

In an effort to get back into blogging, I've updated the look and title. I still can't get the crap off the top, and have spent way too much time trying to delete it, so it wins.

I figured I could continue to blog about whatever I have to say, hence the "world according to me" title. Someone recently asked me why I haven't blogged in awhile and I actually said I didn't have much to say. Now, if you know me, you KNOW that is not true. So, Friday Fill-Ins will be back, and who knows what else...so, stay tuned.

I should address the running, or lack thereof, issue...I haven't done it much. I don't know why, I just haven't. I didn't sign up for the marathon this year, and was a little bummed when all the excitement began with the start of training season. It's fun to be caught up in all that. But, no fear, come August when I do NOT have 15+ miles ahead of me at 6 am, I'll be just fine with the decision. My goal for the summer is to get up and run before everyone else gets up. A lofty goal, yes. But a necessary one. Be sure to check back next week to see how THAT'S going...

I also must give a huge shout out to my little sister, Julee, who is graduating from DePaul with her Masters in Nursing this Saturday. After 2 years of insanity, she is finally done! So, congrats, Juj....you're my hero!!

Be sure to check back frequently, friends....thanks for staying with me!

1 comments:

jodes said...

YAY!! I'm so glad you're back - and I LOVE (love, LOVE!) your new background!!! :o)

I have also been struggling with my running. The sad part is I'm signed up for the Rock 'n Roll half marathon.... and i STILL don't have the motivation. Ugh, best get on that, huh?