Sunday, June 28, 2009

More Stuff....

A clarification about the toenail polish.... I'm all for funky colors, especially in the summer. Those of you who can pull off funky colors know who you are. And, those who cannot, you know who you are too. That said, Jen, no need to change yours. You can totally pull it off!!!

Really, if there's even a doubt in your mind, don't. Just remember...pedicures are your friend. Chipped polish just looks bad. Maybe I just have spent way too much time noticing, but hey, that's me..

Another observation - I'm reading the Arts & Entertainment section of the paper this morning. The cover is Johnny Depp (gag me, I can't stand him. He's pulled a Madonna and thinks he's all British now. Whatever. We all remember 21 Jump Street.) So, inside, there's a big article on Michael Jackson. On page 9, there's a short article on Farrah. Really? Now, I liked Michael. We all did. I was an 80's girl. Thriller was huge..I loved Beat It and all that and I understand how iconic he was, and how he is our generations "Elvis".

But I also think Farrah deserves more. Yes, she was sick for a very long time so maybe her death was, I don't know, expected? But that doesn't diminish her impact on pop culture. How many of us girls played Charlies Angels as kids (I wasn't Jill, I was Kelly), and even I was impressed by the poster.

And what about Ed McMahon? It was a big week for the "death comes in 3's" concept. A sad week. They'll all be missed.

1 comments:

Hatten Family said...

I was kidding about the nail polish...not wearing blue, gun metal gray is on my toes currently. Exploring my goth side! :) Couldn't agree more about the fact that MJ is going to 100% overshadow Farrah's death. Even I blogged about MJ and not Farrah! Both icons...