Sunday, June 21, 2009

Okay, okay...

I haven't blogged since Monday, I blew off Friday Fill-Ins, and I didn't run/workout this week. But...I was a very busy girl.

This past Saturday was the big grad party bash for Juj. For those of you who don't know me personally, I tend to get a bit crazed before a party. I'm a control freak and I know it, but the week before a bash..well, all bets are off. So, I was busy planning, making lists, cleaning, shopping and overall, driving everyone crazy. In addition to THAT craziness, I also decided this would be a great time to paint my bathroom. Doesn't everyone paint the bathroom 3 days before a big party? But, it turned out fab-u-lous! It's dark green and I used my boys' second grade pictures as artwork. I'd post a picture, but I didn't take any. I'd also post pictures of the grad party bash, but I didn't take any of that either. Trust me, it was a good time!

I'd like to give a shout out to those of you training for a fall marathon, more specifically, Chicago. It's going to be hot and humid this week, so be sure to hydrate and wear sunscreen. And, while I am still a tad jealous of those of you that actually signed up for the marathon this year, I sure do NOT miss training runs in this weather.

If it's your first marathon, hang in there. Trust me, it is SO worth it when you cross that finish line. If it is not your first, well, you know how much training can suck, and the long road that lies ahead (pun intended). But you have experienced the thrill, and know that after 4 grueling months, it really is exhilarating! Keep running, friends...

0 comments: