Saturday, September 6, 2008

Inspiration from Anywhere!

Since I know how much you all loved my Rev Run quote, I have more!! It's sort of funny how these things come up right when you need them....

This is one from Oprah's inspriational quotes:
"Never give up, which is the lesson I learned from boxing. As soon as you learn to never give up, you have to learn the power and wisdom of unconditional surrender, and that one doesn't cancel out the other; they just exist as contradictions."
—Kris Kristofferson

An another from Rev Run:
"In order to succeed in life.. You must clearly know WHAT you want and WHERE you're going. (Remember this!) An inner feeling that you know where you're going allows you to put up with limitations and delays that might otherwise cause you to give up... Keep moving!!! Don't stop!!!!!"

Never give up, don't stop, know what you want....do you see a trend?? This weekend is the 18 miler. And really, it's the last really long run I have to do alone. So, sure, I'll take the inspiration from anywhere!

All that said, I did 7 miles the other day without the Garmin. I turned it on, and it told me I had 0 battery hours left. Oops. Luckily, I knew where 3.5 miles was on the route, then turned around & ran back. I'm not exactly sure what the time was, but subtracting the time I spent in Walgreens and the time standing at stop lights, I think I finished 7 miles is around 70 min, maybe 75 min. So, that's right about the pace my shorter runs have been.

Tomorrow morning, I'll be up early to get my 18 in. Be sure to check back to see how that went!!

0 comments: