Thursday, September 11, 2008

Back in Business

You'll be thrilled to know the Garmin is working again. Whew.. 9 miles last night, in 1 hr, 36 min.

The marathon is 1 month from tomorrow. I'm anxious....anxious to know what the weather will be, how I'll do..things like that. I'm running a half marathon this weekend with Juju, and that should be fun. The following weekend is the 20 miler, then we taper.

Everyone I know who is running this year is just tired. Tired of crazy long runs, tired of running & starting to doubt if they've done enough. I think that's common at this point in the training, with the high mileage. I know that I'm in a better position than I was this time last year, but yeah, I'm tired too. I have to keep reminding myself how far I've come and that there's 1 long training run left.

Part of me can't believe it's almost over and part of me wishes like hell it was.

3 comments:

jlou said...

Good luck on the half this weekend!

Elee said...

Best of luck to you and JuJu tomorrow - know you will have a great time - and know you enjoy each other's company - do let me know how it goes

Love and Luck
Mom

Jenn said...

Don't worry, you've put the training in, you're prepared, you're ready!