Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One Month

The marathon was exactly one month ago. Oddly enough, today would have been a perfect day to run a marathon. At 5:23 pm, it is 47 degrees outside. It was cloudy and not windy. Go figure.

Soooo, what have I done since then? Well, I have run several times and began to weight train. Not so hot on the eating part, but whatever. Then, it happened. My November allergies kicked in and you got it, I'm sick. It's happened every year for a few now. Usually I can't taste Thanksgiving dinner, so it's a little early this year, which will bode well for Thanksgiving. You'd think I would have take steps to prevent it - allergy meds or something. And it did occur to me, I just didn't do anything about it. Lesson learned.

If you all remember, I promised the weather gods I wouldn't complain about the winter if they gave me good weather on marathon day. Well weather gods, that didn't happen (to their credit, it was a decent training season). So guess what, it's going to be 39 and flurries this weekend at B's playoff game. Guess who will be complaining???? Better luck next time!

1 comments:

Chris said...

There might be an upside to not being able to taste Thanksgiving dinner. You will eat less!