Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It's Official!

I am officially registered for the 2008 marathon, and as a charity runner for the American Cancer Society. I'm excited. This is the year to conquer the 26.2 for real. I couldn't decide if I really wanted to do it again, but realized that I'd regret it more if I didn't. I then came across this saying:

"The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret."

So, it's go time. Bring on the long weekend runs, the endless stretching, walking around in gym shoes all summer because barefoot isn't good for plantar faciitis and no doubt, me wondering what the heck I was thinking. In the end, it is all worth it.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Best of luck with training this year Karin! Love the title of your blog.

Jenn

JuJu said...

To My Big Sis-
I have always looked up to you, and wanted to be like you, and here I am once again! You are "a runner" now, and you should be so proud of your accomplishments! I hope this experience teaches you that you can do anything that you put your mind to.
I will not be running beside you, but will be with you, in spirit, every step of the way!
You go girl!
-JuJu