Friday, December 5, 2008

It's time..

to get motivated again. I read an article the other day about starting up again after taking way too much time off from running (for various reasons - too busy, injury, etc.). The goal is to EASE back into it. I'm not so good at easing into anything. I'm much better in jumping in with both feet, regardless of consequences.

At this point, there is no reason for me to run a zillion miles at one time. It's freezing outside with snow on the ground, so that makes it more difficult. All I have to do is a few miles, a few times a week. If I feel like getting crazy, I throw in some weight training. Really, how hard is that?

I need to sign up for a race, something to give me motivition. I'd love to say I'm running for the sheer enjoyment, but having a goal gets me off my butt alot faster.

There's a half in Kenosha in May, so I think I'm going for that one. Yes, it's in May, so I have time, but at least it's something. I miss running and I miss how I feel when I do it. Running is one of those things that no matter how I feel before the run, I always feel better afterward.

So, run on. You'll find me on the treadmill tomorrow...finally.

1 comments:

Jenn said...

Get going! I've actually been running and working out (even got a personal trainer) . . .just haven't been posting it on my blog. I have to get back in to that, but between the kids, the gym, work and the holidays, it hasn't been easy. I commend you for keeping up with your blog! Chicago '09 here I come!