Wednesday, August 19, 2009

WHAT???

School starts a week from today. I'm still waiting for summer to actually get here.

I shouldn't complain, really. In my opinion, this summer was perfect. I hate hot weather. 70's and low 80's are fine by me. The few days we had in the 90's were okay, but they were also plenty for this girl.

Still, I can't believe next Wednesday we'll be in the back-to-school grind again. Summer flew by, but we had fun - sleeping late and days at the pool..it was ideal.

So, we now move onto me dragging B out of be so he doesn't miss the bus (it's 10:30 now and he's still sleeping. Lord help me..), third grade homework, football games and autumn. Autumn is my favorite season, and by this time of year, I'm done with summer and ready for jeans, sweaters, the smell of burning leaves and cool days. And, because I think I'm one of the few people who actually likes winter, I am also looking forward to snow (check back in February, when I'll be done with winter!).

Time marches on, friends...enjoy!

0 comments: